PROBLEM : Currently many mines around the world can be spending up to $40K NZD on mirror adjustment and maintenance per dump truck annually.
INVESTIGATION : We studied the environment and elements and made all possible considerations for style and types of adjuster suitable for the mining environment. We have developed a unit that has far exceeded expectations.
SOLUTION : After analysis of electrical and pneumatic type adjusters we instead developed a fully mechanical unit. Our solution provides the customer with a fully adjustable unit which we have tried and tested during 2012 on a fleet of 20 trucks here in Otago New Zealand. The elements here at this site range from o-35 degrees during the winter and summer months. Our product excelled above all expectations and has not let our customer down.
THE UNIT : The unit we designed has the following features:
- Minimal moving parts and need for replacement parts during service
- Our unit can be fitted to all models of CAT trucks in less than 2 hours
- Low maintenance and ongoing costs saving you $$$$$
- Fully sealed unit withstands the elements of the mining environment
- All units are zinc coated and painted
- Greater and improved vision resulting in less accidents
- Less tyre wear through greater vision
- No loss in production due to downtime waiting for a service fitter to adjust mirror
- Health & safety benefits from service fitters not having to hang over safety rails to adjust for the operator
- Excellent operator feedback